Is it a good idea to involve children in a project? How can you find out what they think? What can you do to work together effectively and avoid the child becoming a tool or a decoration?
If you are familiar with these questions, this is the toolkit for you. We’ve put together some of the things you need to think about to make a responsible decision about involving children and to think through what you need to do and what methodological and ethical issues you need to consider.
This document is for you if you are planning to involve children in your work and you would like to hear their opinion because you either
- need their insight and feedback,
- or you are considering launching a project together with children.
It gives you input from a child-rights perspective in questions such as
- whether it is a good idea to involve children at all,
- what you need to clarify with your co-workers and collaborating partners,
- what responsibilities you will have,
- what methodological questions you should think about,
- what are the ethical considerations you need to take into account.