For the fifth time this year, Civil Society Awards were presented acknowledging last year’s most outstanding civil initiatives and organizations. Out of 98 applications our “How do you see it?” campaign was among the finalists in the Best Advocacy Initiative category.
Our “How do you see it?” campaign in 2019 was the first to involve children in the UN’s process of assessing the children’s situation in Hungary every five years. 5,300 children shared their views in the large-scale survey, which was also presented by our Child Rights Ambassadors before the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child and the Ministry of Human Capacities.
“We wanted as many kids as possible to have their say, but we didn’t think we would reach so many kids. This is the reason why it was so good to work on this project. Also, because we were able to participate in it as children and we could ask other children about problems affecting us. We tried to make it interesting for other children as well and to make them curious” – said Nikoletta Sarang, our Child Rights Ambassador in preparation for the Civil Society Award Ceremony.
The award ceremony is available for viewing on the NIOK (Non-profit Information and Training Center) Foundation’s Facebook page.
Congratulations to the Civil Society Award 2020 winners!
- Most Promising New Organization – 10 Million Tree Community
- Project with the highest impact – Pentele XXI. Foundation for Education and Arts: Golden Compass Program
- Best cooperation – InDaHouse Hungary Foundation: Programmers for the children of county Borsod
- Best Communication Campaign – The Hungarian Civil Liberties Union together with Step by Step Association: Day Off for All Families!
- Most Successful Fundraising – Mothers for Mothers Foundation: Beds for Moms!
- Most Successful Advocacy Project – Saving trees in Római-part: Saving Római-part and its community development Best local initiative – Foundation for Alteros children: When even infants “go to school”.
- Best social enterprise – Real Pearl Foundation/Szuno
- People’s Choice Award – Wonder Group Civil Charity Bid (Crowdshopper) Facebook Group
- Special Award – Vivacious Gyál Civil Community: Improving the public lighting in Gyál
This was the second time that Hintalovon’s activities were recognized by the Civil Society Award. In 2017, Yelon won the award for the Most Influential Project.